We all follow a proper skincare routine to give our skin the care it truly deserves. While you must be cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your skin but if you are not exfoliating then trust me your skin is not that healthy as it could be. Before telling why you should exfoliate your skin, let me tell you what is exfoliation. It is a process of removing dead skin cells from your skin's surface. You can either carry out exfoliation mechanically by using scrubs which you need to rub on your skin or by using scrubs that have special types of acids that dissolve and remove dead skin cells from your face without scrubbing.
Now that you know what is exfoliation, let me tell you why is it important for your skin. Below noted points will help you understand the benefits of exfoliating your skin on a regular basis.
1. Get brighter skin: If you want your skin to look brighter, then exfoliation must be an important part of your skincare routine. Apart from giving a glow to your dull skin, exfoliation will also improve the effectiveness of your other skincare products like serums and moisturizers by enhancing their absorption.
2. Say goodbye to acne: Exfoliation helps to unclog pores to prevent blackheads and whiteheads and also helps in reducing acne. Whether you have mild acne or more severe, exfoliating will smooth plus soften your skin. It will reduce breakouts by ensuring that your pores do not get clogged with the pus of dead skin cells and sebum.
3. Prevents wrinkles: If you exfoliate your skin regularly, then you will get rid of old skin, which means you will get younger plus more nourished skin. Proper exfoliation enhances skin cell turnover.
4. Increased blood flow and circulation: When you carry out the process of exfoliation on a regular basis, you get the juices of the skin flowing. Increased blood flow ensures that your skin gets all that it needs and anything bad which has built up gets drained away. You won't believe but your skin is nothing if you do not have good circulation. Trust me, it would be dead and dull otherwise.
5. Stops your pores from growing: I know you cannot shrink your pores, but exfoliation can help you stop them from getting bigger. As you get older, your pores can get much bigger and this is because of skin ‘builds-up’ in your pores. The more dead skin you will have, the more your pores will grow. Exfoliation is all that you need to get rid of all those dead skin cells and prevent your pores from getting bigger.
I am sure after reading this blog, you understand the importance of exfoliating your skin. You must exfoliate your skin just once a week because over-exfoliating can make your skin dry, irritate it, and can even damage your skin. So, go ahead get that healthy and glowing skin which you always wanted to have.
Authored By: Urvashi Sareen Newar